Within the last week, I've gotten really into a few podcasts: Grace Bonney's After The Jump, The Lively Show, and Jennifer Snyder's Creating Your Own Path. During a recent caffeine/Grace Bonney binge, I decided that I needed another creative outlet outside of my work and my blogging.
So, I'm picking up my past of accessory design (sort of) and have decided to make some incredibly basic necklaces. Needless to say, the materials for these necklaces had to make the cut for today's Sunday Objects, along with:
- George Orwell's "Down and Out in Paris and London", since we're Paris-bound on Friday
- Wooden ring from Mozambique, given to me by my sweet sister-in-law
- Trusty In God We Trust gold cuff bracelet
- My first niece's birth announcement (go Ellie!)
- And a note from my pen pal, Madeline – an Aussie in San Francisco who just so happens to own the super-smart PopBasic. SO excited about starting up pen pal-ing again, so it was a joy to receive my first note in the mail this week. Hurray for pen pals!